STAY AND PLAY - MULTI DAY WHANGANUI 4th family member stays free at Alpine Chalets
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: National Park Village, NZ
- Product code: STAY&PLAY+3DWR
Half price tour for 4th family member and if you stay at the Alpine Chalets the night before and after your Adrift Tongariro guided tour the 4th family member stays free at Alpine Chalets.
Package IncludesGuide/s, transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the river put in, Department of Conservation hut or camping passes, meals (vegetarian available on request at time of booking), nourishments and needs whilst on tour. Adrift Tongariro also provides all cooking, camping and canoeing equipment (canoe, dry barrels for your gear, PFD’s, paddles, tents and sleeping mats). Half price tour for 4th family member. Two nights twin share accommodation at Alpine Chalets includes free accommodation for the 4th family member.
Please note that the prices are estimates only. Adrift Tongariro will reach out to you to confirm costings when booking has been made.
Whanganui River Guided Canoe
This is a unique way of spending time in another of New Zealand’s wonderful National Parks. The Whanganui National Park has rugged terrain covered in lush native forest with the Whanganui River flowing through the heart of it.
The Whanganui River is rich with Maori and European history, the largest reminder of which is the famous ‘Bridge to Nowhere’. Just as the early explorers did, you will see and experience the NZ wilderness, wondering if you have taken a step back in time. Paddling downstream you will travel through bush-clad hills, see waterfalls, spectacular sheer gorges, farmland as well as some rapids en-route.
For more details about our 1 Day Whanganui River Guided Canoe please click here.
For more details about our 3 Day Whanganui River Guided Canoe please click here.
Alpine Chalet Accommodation 2 Nights
The Alpine Chalets offer a comfortable and affordable stay with outstanding panoramic views of the Tongariro National Park.
The Alpine Chalets are located amongst mature native trees and established gardens. There are 12 fully self-contained, warm, and comfortable units that face the Tongariro National Park. Each unit has a kitchen and ensuite bathroom for your convenience. All have spectacular views of Mt Ngaruahoe (Mt Doom), Mt Tongariro and Mt Ruapehu.
Come stay with us if you are searching for a ski lodge, motel, or accommodation that is close to the adventure that National Park has to offer.
- The standard units each have a queen and three adult-sized single bunk beds.
- Each unit has a kitchenette and ensuite bathroom for your convenience.
- The kitchenette is fully equipped with a microwave, fridge, cooking utensils, cups, plates, toaster, and jug.
- The rooms are independently fully air-conditioned for summer and heated for winter.
- Each room has a flat-screen television.
- A dedicated off-street parking space is assigned to each room.
- Free WiFi
- Courtyard with outdoor furniture and bbq facilities
- Drying room with lockable racks
- Ski/board waxing room
- Off-street parking
- Secure oversized gear/equipment storage available