STAY AND PLAY - MT RUAPEHU Save 50% off second night accommodation at Alpine Chalets
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: National Park Village, NZ
- Product code: SPEC ACCOM+TOUR+RCL
Save 50% off second night accommodation at Alpine Chalets when booking a Mt Ruapehu Crater Lake guided hike with Adrift Tongariro. All year, summer and winter conditions. PLUS 1/2 price tour for 4th family member.
Package IncludesGuide/s, transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the activity, all mountain equipment including helmet, crampons and ice axes if required for winter conditions. Two nights twin share accommodation at Alpine Chalets includes 50% off the second night. Offer valid until 1 November 2021.
Mt Ruapehu Crater Lake Guided Walk
For those who like a manageable challenge, we offer a full day Ruapehu Guided Walk. Mt. Ruapehu is the highest (2797m) of the three active andesitic volcanoes in the Tongariro National Park. The last eruption on Mt. Ruapehu was in 2007. Join us for lunch on top of the North Island highest volcano from where you can gaze down into the geothermal waters of the crater lake. Please note this is not a track and is less stable walking than on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
The walk begins at the Whakapapa Ski area at the top of the Bruce Road on Mt. Ruapehu. There may be an option of taking a chairlift up to Knoll Ridge cafe. This option will depend on the group on the day and if the chairlifts are operating. Payment for the chairlift is made to Ruapehu Alpine Lifts (situated at the start of the walk). The lifts close at 4.00 pm daily, should conditions deteriorate during the day the lifts may have to be closed earlier.
For more details about our Mt Ruapehu Crater Lake Guided Hike please click here.
Alpine Chalet Accommodation 2 Nights
The Alpine Chalets offer a comfortable and affordable stay with outstanding panoramic views of the Tongariro National Park.
The Alpine Chalets are located amongst mature native trees and established gardens. There are 12 fully self-contained, warm, and comfortable units that face the Tongariro National Park. Each unit has a kitchen and ensuite bathroom for your convenience. All have spectacular views of Mt Ngaruahoe (Mt Doom), Mt Tongariro and Mt Ruapehu.
Come stay with us if you are searching for a ski lodge, motel, or accommodation that is close to the adventure that National Park has to offer.
- The standard units each have a queen and three adult-sized single bunk beds.
- Each unit has a kitchenette and ensuite bathroom for your convenience.
- The kitchenette is fully equipped with a microwave, fridge, cooking utensils, cups, plates, toaster, and jug.
- The rooms are independently fully air-conditioned for summer and heated for winter.
- Each room has a flat-screen television.
- A dedicated off-street parking space is assigned to each room.
- Free WiFi
- Courtyard with outdoor furniture and bbq facilities
- Drying room with lockable racks
- Ski/board waxing room
- Off-street parking
- Secure oversized gear/equipment storage available