3 Day Northern Circuit Guided Walk
- Trvanie: 72 Hodín (cca.)
- Poloha: National Park Village, NZ
- Kód produktu: GW3DNC
The Northern Circuit is a 3-day tramp/hike starting on Mt. Ruapehu and encircles Mt. Ngauruhoe. The circuit can be started from different points and walked in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. The Tongariro Alpine Crossing track will showcase explosion craters, lava flows, Tama Lakes, Taranaki Falls and the Rangipo and Otarere deserts are
explored on this trek.
This trek is a good way to enjoy the Tongariro National Park at a less energetic pace, whilst avoiding the crowds of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. Mt. Ngauruhoe had sporadic action during its last eruptions between 1973-1975. Since 1839, Ngauruhoe has erupted 61 times with breaks lasting no more than nine years (until 1975), and it is this regular activity that formed the perfect symmetry of its cone shape.
You will be required to carry minimal group equipment along with your own personal gear unless you request a porter
(additional charge applies). Your backpack should not be carrying more than 10-12kg in weight.
Guide/s, transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the activity, Department of Conservation hut or camping passes, all meals (vegetarian available on request at time of booking), nourishments and basic needs whilst on tour. Adrift Tongariro also provide all cooking and camping equipment.
Adrift Tongariro has available for hire personal equipment footwear and clothing, to supplement that which you don’t have and need, including sleeping bags, liners and backpacks.
All transfers from Whakapapa Village, Turangi, Ohakune and Taupo incur an additional costs see details below.
Tour starts and finishes at the Adrift Tongariro Base.
Trip departures available all year on application and confirmation.
Northern Circuit return transfers work in conjunction with Tongariro Alpine Crossing return transfers which can affect
- Return transfers between Whakapapa Village accommodation and the Adrift Tongariro base: $35pp minimum 2 persons.
- Return transfers between Taupo CBD accommodation and the Adrift Tongariro base: $225pp minimum 2 persons.
- Return transfers between Ohakune accommodation and the Adrift Tongariro base: $125pp minimum 2 persons.
Return transfers between Turangi accommodation and the Adrift Tongariro base: $125pp minimum 2 persons.
We endeavor to remove the risk of clients not having adequate clothing and equipment for the conditions. To achieve this we request clients to meet at the Adrift Tongariro base to improve both safety and service as this is outfitted with all equipment and clothing needs for the conditions of the day.
Adrift Tongariro Base: Pick up 8:00am / Drop off 5:30pm
Whakapapa Village: Pick up 8:30am / Drop off 5:30pm
Turangi: Pick up 7:15am / Drop off 5:45pm
Ohakune: Pick up 7:30am / Drop off 6:00pm
Taupo CBD: Pick up 6:30am / Drop off 6:30pm
Adrift Tongariro Base: Pick up 7:00am / Drop off 5:30pm
Turangi: Pick up 6:40am / Drop off 6:00pm
Taupo CBD: Pick up 6:00am / Drop off 6:30pm
- Transfers are an additional service to the tour.
- All times are approximate
- Summer 1 October - 30 April, Winter 1 May - 30 September
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the activity is included in the price.
- All return transfers between accommodation and the Adrift Tongariro base, an additional charge applies as per above.
- We do not offer Whakapapa Village and Ohakune return transfers in winter.
- All return transfers require a minimum of two persons to operate transfers.
- All clients making their own way (self-drive) should meet at the Adrift Tongariro base in time for a 8am summer and a 7am winter departure.
If you have paid for transfers it is essential you phone the Adrift Tongariro base 24 hours prior to trip date to discuss
- exact timings. +64 7892 2751.
Walking boots, socks (2 pairs), walking pants or shorts (not jeans), a waterproof rain jacket, 2-3 thermal or fleece tops, 50L backpack, 1.5L water container, walking poles (optional), sun hat, warm hat and gloves, sunglasses, suntan lotion,
personal medical needs including blister tape and toiletries and personals for 3 days. For the hut at night: Sleeping bag, 1 set of spare pants, top and light footwear (crocs), head torch, a small book, cards or other if you want to relax
Please be careful not to pack too much but please feel free to bring with you what you think you may need and we can scrutinise and advise that which we think is superfluous to requirements. This can then be stored securely at our base.
Adrift Tongariro has available for hire personal equipment footwear and clothing to supplement that which you don’t have and need including boots, socks, thermal longs, fleece longs, waterproof pants, thermal tops, fleece tops, waterproof tops, warm gloves, warm hats, sun hats, sunglasses, backpacks, walking poles and sleeping bags and liners.
It is essential you phone the Adrift Tongariro base 48 hours prior to trip date to discuss exact timings. +64 7892 2751.